News

12-Year-Old Boy killed by stray bullet in Mushin

12-Year-Old Boy killed by stray bullet in Mushin

A 12-year-old boy identified as Wasiu was killed by a stray bullet during a violent cult clash in the Olosha area of Mushin, Lagos State, on Wednesday evening.

 

Join The Lagos Voice on WhatsApp

Follow us for the Latest News, Entertainment, Politics, Sports, Youths and Grassroots updates, delivered fast and verified on WhatsApp!

🔗 Join Our Channel

According to residents, the fatal incident occurred around 8 pm when rival cult groups engaged in a gun battle, throwing the community into chaos. Wasiu, who had gone to buy food from a local vendor known as Iya Ibeji, was caught in the crossfire as gunshots echoed through the neighborhood.

 

“We started hearing sounds of gunshots around 8 pm, and people started running into their homes while business owners closed their shops,” said a resident, Tale Amoo.

 

“Wasiu was waiting to buy food when he got hit while trying to run for safety.”

 

Another witness, who chose to remain anonymous, said the boy’s lifeless body was found after the clash ended.

 

“They tried rushing him to Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), but the gate was locked. By the time they found an alternative route, cultists had already taken over the area,” he said.

 

Residents say the area has been plagued by cult-related violence in recent days, leaving many in fear for their safety.

 

Reacting to the tragedy, Tubosun Aruwe, Vice Chairman of Mushin Local Government Area, condemned the violence and described the incident as “senseless and heartbreaking.”

 

“The loss of the innocent life of a 10-year-old child is a tragedy that strikes at the very heart of our humanity,” Aruwe said in a statement.

He extended condolences to the family and pledged support in the pursuit of justice.

 

“I share in your grief and stand with you as we seek justice for these senseless killings,” he added, calling on security agencies to investigate the incident and apprehend the perpetrators.

 

At the time of filing this report, the Lagos State Police Command had not issued an official statement. Efforts to reach police spokesperson SP Benjamin Hundeyin were unsuccessful, as calls and messages went unanswered.

 

This tragic incident adds to the growing concern over security in Lagos neighbourhoods affected by cult violence. Residents are now urging authorities to step up enforcement and restore calm to their communities.

 

Source: Punch

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like

News

IGP lawyer’s absence stalls cybercrime trial of 109 foreigners

The trial of 109 foreigners over alleged involvement in high-level cybercrime and hacking activities suffered setback on Wednesday at the
News

Nigerian Speakers seek governors’ support on state police, fiscal federalism

The Chairman of Conference of Speakers of State Legislatures of Nigeria, Adebo Ogundoyin, has appealed to the Nigeria Governors’ Forum